Published: 2011-10-11 01:41:00 EDT by
The first thing I have to report about my trades is that the call option I STO against my position in DWA expired worthless. That means that I get to keep the $34.37 premium I received. I am currently planning my next move with DWA.
My next trade was to BTO a put option against RIMM for Nov 19 2011 at the $23 strike price. This trade was STC 6 trading days later and profited $10.75, or ~5%.
Two days later I BTO two put options against RIMM for Oct 22 2011 at the $20 strike price. This trade was STC 3 trading days later and profited $49.39, or ~23%.
I currently have 4 open or pending orders, 3 open stock positions, and 1 open option position. My plan is to wait to see if my 1 open option position expires worthless or has me put into CIM for another 100 shares at $2.50 a share. My 3 open stock positions are all in the red still, but there is past performance that suggest the possibility for eventual turn around. My 4 open or pending orders are for a position of call options on AAPL, a position of put options on RIMM, a position of call options on CIM, and a position of a call option on CPLP. I am bullish on AAPL, bearish on RIMM, bullish on CIM, and Bullish on CPLP.
That is my opinion, you can take it or leave it. Disclaimer: See bottom of page. http://investorsopinion.blogspot.com
AAPL - Apple, Inc
BTO - buy-to-open / bought-to-open
CIM - Chimera Investment Corporation
CPLP - Capital Product Partners, LP
DWA - Dreamworks Animation, Inc.
RIMM - Research In Motion, LTD
STC - sell-to-close / sold-to-closeSTO - sell-to-open / sold-to-open
Labels: call options, cash-secured puts, covered calls, option strategies, put options, trade terminology in use, trading strategy
Updated: 2011-10-11 01:43:31 EDT
Current Related Posts
2015-03-01 00:19:00 EST — I added to ETP, and the price dropped; am I missing something? (dividend, dividend yield, dividends)
2014-09-04 12:49:00 EDT — Portfolio Update: Added to a position
2013-10-25 00:18:00 EDT — Portfolio Update: Change of Situation Resulting in a Change of Plans